A study conducted on those retiring in 2020 showed that only 28% felt they had saved enough for a comfortable retirement*. The nationwide study also showed many faced significant debt
Funding a comfortable retirement
Chances are you already know what you would like to do with your time in retirement Whether that’s finally getting around to those home improvements, spoiling the family, taking up a new hobby or simply enjoying your free time. If finances are a worry, though, it could eat into those plans.
Thankfully there are options out there that could help you fund the retirement you want. Such as equity release
. With a lifetime mortgage
, the most popular form of equity release, you could release some of the tax-free cash from your home.
With a lifetime mortgage you remain the owner of your home and typically there are no monthly repayments to make, as the loan plus roll-up interest is only paid when the plan comes to an end.
Everything’s gone up, but our pensions haven’t
It was a worrying time when I started realising that my incomings weren’t going to meet my outgoings, so we decided to look at equity release. We looked at other companies, but it seemed like they wanted us to do all the work. Key was different. An adviser came to the house and went through it all with us. All our questions were answered and he took care of everything for us. They made it all so much easier.
We’ve been in this house for 36 years. We’ve spent all our money on this house – more than what we paid for it. We never thought about downsizing.
Bills have gone up, everything’s gone up, but out pensions haven’t. The work we’ve had to have done to the house, our retirement income wouldn’t have touched the surface. Unfortunately, because we own our own home and have worked all our lives, we don’t get help. When you hit on hard times, there’s really nowhere to go.
Equity release has really given us peace of mind more than anything. It was a stressful time, so having that money has helped so much.
Long term financial decision
It’s important not to rush into a long-term financial decision just to service a short-term need, which is where Key Equity Release can help.
We will ensure you consider your options. And if equity release isn’t right for you, we’ll tell you.
Totally free advice
Key Equity Release offer lifetime mortgages only, which is a loan secured against your home. All of our equity release advice relates to our range of Key-branded products and is completely free of charge, so you can find out if it’s right for you without it costing you a penny – not just the initial consultation, but the whole advice process from start to finish.
Things to consider:
- The cash you release from your home is tax free
- With a lifetime mortgage, typically there are no monthly repayments to make as the loan plus roll-up interest is repaid when the plan comes to an end
- You should always think carefully before securing a loan against your home
- You always remain the owner of your home with a lifetime mortgage
- You can guarantee an inheritance with some of Key’s plans
- Key’s plans come with a no-negative equity guarantee, meaning you will never owe more than your home is worth
- Equity release will reduce the value of your estate and may affect your entitlement to means-tested benefits
- Key will support you every single step of the way without ever charging you an advice fee
*Research conducted by Research Plus between and December 18-31, 2019 among sample of 1,000 people expecting to retire in 2020