This policy describes how we collect, use and look after the information you provide us when you enquire about and use our services. This policy may change from time to time as our processes change over time, which will be reflected in this document.
The pages within this website are intended for use by UK residents and businesses only and refer to UK products.
Who we are
Company details and regulation
Key is a member of the Key Group.
Key Retirement Solutions is a limited company registered in England No 2457440 with its Head Office at Key Retirement Solutions, Baines House, 4 Midgery Court, Fulwood, Preston, PR2 9ZH. Our Information Commissioner’s Office registration number is Z5581481.
Key is a trading name of Key Retirement Solutions which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The Financial Conduct Authority do not regulate estate planning services.
Chris Muchowski is the Data Protection Officer for Key Retirement Solutions.
Disclosing your information
Here’s when we disclose information about you
- To search the files of external data bureaus in order to verify your identity and contact information. These searches will not affect your credit record.
- To 3rd parties for the purposes of data cleansing or for marketing communications, namely direct mailings, digital display, email, social media. They will never use your personal information for their own purposes.
- When we (or any 3rd party acting on our behalf) are legally compelled to or have a duty to the public to disclose information.
- To the financial intermediary, press partner or other introducer of your business to notify them of the outcome of your enquiry.
- When disclosure is made at your request or consent.
- To the equity release provider that you make an application to.
- To the property valuer appointed by the equity release provider.
- To your appointed solicitor to deal with your equity release.
- When you instruct us to arrange an Asset Protection Trust we will send your data to WLS Solicitors to prepare the Trust documentation.
- When you instruct us to draft your Estate Planning Documents we will send your factfind and instructions to Philip Anthony Associates for the purposes of drafting your documents.
- For funeral plans we will provide your data to Dignity to provide this service for you.
- To AMS – the company that conducts research to provide personalised quotes from providers.
- To any provider that you make an application to and to the provider of your current pension scheme.
- For pension advice we will provide your data to LV= to provide this service to you.
- To the mortgage provider that you make an application to.
- To the property valuer appointed by the mortgage provider.
- To your appointed solicitor to deal with your mortgage.
The FCA regulates all financial services business; if the FCA or any other regulatory body asks for access to customer records we would provide this information.
We may also share your personal data with other members of the Key Group in order to run our business in an efficient manner including for corporate governance or audit purposes.
How long we will keep your data
Any personal data you provide to us during the course of an enquiry where you have not specified that you do not wish to be contacted in future will be retained and processed in order that we can keep you up to date with our services and market developments.
If you notify us that you do not wish to be contacted (either at the point of enquiry or subsequently) we will apply this immediately. If you have not transacted business with us, your personal data will be deleted from our systems within 2 years.
You have the right to:
- request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you and ask us to correct or delete this.
- restrict or object to processing of your information.
- the information we hold in our systems about you to be provided to you or another Data Controller in a machine readable format.
Where you have provided consent for us to process your data, you have the right to withdraw the consent for the processing of that data.
If you believe that we are not processing your information correctly you should contact our Data Protection Officer at the above address. If you are not satisfied with our response you have the right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk
Protecting your information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of your information. As such any information collected via our website is encrypted and delivered to us through a secure environment and protected using robust security methods. KR Group maintains a comprehensive information security management system which ensures industry standard technical and administrative controls are in place for the protection of customer data.
Please note that there is no guarantee that any email sent will be received, or that the contents of any such email will remain private or unaltered during Internet transmission. For this reason we will not include any of your personal information by email without your prior permission, but will usually respond to your enquiries by telephone or post. If you have any such concerns, you may prefer to telephone or write to us instead. We accept no liability for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the alteration or loss of confidentiality of any such information.
We reserve the right to monitor the use and content of emails which are sent from and received by us for the purposes of ensuring compliance with our own email policy, and identifying and taking action against unlawful or improper use of our systems, including, but not limited to, spoofing, the transmission of computer viruses and a denial of service attack.