The cold weather has set in and doesn’t look to be moving on any time soon. However, if you’d prefer to be enjoying warm rays of sunshine on foreign shores rather than trooping through another autumnal decay, you could follow in the footsteps of Key
customers, Kevin and Pearl Bell.
Kevin and his wife, Pearl looked into equity release
to continue their standard of living in retirement. After seeing Key’s advert on TV, they decided to contact us to find out more.
Speaking to the family
“As both of our children live away, we spoke to them both individually before making the decision to go ahead with equity release,” Kevin told us.
“We’ve booked one or two holidays with the money. Last year we spent a week in Tenerife and had a couple of weeks in one of our favourite holiday destinations, Cyprus.
“We have also booked a trip to Malaysia where we will have one or two days in the capital Kuala Lumpur before visiting the beautiful island of Langkawi, just off the coast.
“We are really looking forward to our visit to Langkawi where we will be staying in a rainforest chalet, next to the beach.
Do what makes you happy
Before retiring from his role as an international sales manager, Kevin had always travelled a lot with work.
“The places I visited were places I had to go rather than wanted to go. But now we have the choice of going where we want to go rather than where I need to go.
“The whole process was very good; our adviser was very helpful. I would definitely recommend Key to others.”
If, like Kevin and Pearl, you’d like to find out how your home could help finance a better later-life, download our free equity release guide or use our calculator to see how much you could release.
Things to consider
- Make sure it's right for you
- Download our free equity release guide to find out if it’s right for you, and we’ll post you a hard copy out in the post for no extra charge
Your specialist equity release adviser will explain:
- A lifetime mortgage, which is a loan secured against your property, is the most popular form of equity release and you’ll retain full ownership of your home
- All of our plans are approved by the Equity Release Council and come with several protections, including the no negative equity guarantee, which means you’ll never owe more than your home’s value
- Equity release reduces your estate's value and may affect any means-tested benefits you're eligible for
- See how much you could release
- Use our free, no-obligation equity release calculator to see where your home could take you