For the past four years Kelly Loader has been changing people’s lives.
She’s spent that time working for Key
after more than a decade in the property game. And it’s the positive impact of the equity release advice she shares that gives her the biggest satisfaction.
Changing peoples' lives
“I love that equity release
is a quick turnaround,” Kelly told us. “With mortgages
, I am not going to know someone in 25 years when they own their house. But I am going to know them in 8 to 12 weeks’ time when their equity release application goes through and we change their life.”
Over the years, Kelly has helped hundreds of people secure a more stable financial future. But there’s one she’ll never forget.
“One customer I particularly remember,” Kelly told us, “had moved up the country from London.
“The house had no heating and no useable kitchen. She bought the house thinking she would have the money to do it up but something happened and she was left with nothing.
“She was suffering heavily from depression over the situation. I took her for coffee, we had our appointments, and after deciding equity release was right for her, she managed to release more than £30,000.
“The lady was able to install heating and have a new kitchen. She had a little bit of a mortgage left, too, which she was worried about repaying.
“So, we did her home improvements, repaid her mortgage and paid off her car loan. And she still had some money left to help her son get married.
“I saw her six months later and she was a different person. The house was beautiful.
“It’s that element of the job I love, where you know you’ve changed someone’s life.
On her travels, Kelly has seen it all. But she wasn’t prepared for what was waiting for her at one customer’s house.
“I went to a house in Norfolk,” Kelly explained. “The customer and I were having a great conversation until I heard someone shout: ‘You’re fit!’”
“Initially, I took no notice and carried on.
“’Oi! I’m talking to you’ was the next cry.
“After asking if there was anyone else in the house, the gentlemen explained that his son had taught Bobby, the family parrot, to shout ‘You’re fit’ and ‘Oi! I’m talking to you’ when there was a woman in the house.
“I don’t think I’ll ever forget that one.”
- Download your guide
- If you’d like to find out more about equity release and how it might change your life, request a free, no-obligation guide.
When comparing the whole equity release market, our independent specialist advisers will explain:
- You have to get advice before releasing equity. Please read all our information and make sure it's right for you
- A lifetime mortgage, which is a loan secured against your home, is the most popular form of equity release and you’ll still own your home
- The plans we recommend have a no negative equity guarantee, so you’ll never owe more than your home’s value
- Equity release reduces your estate's value and may affect any means-tested benefits you're eligible for
- You should always think carefully before securing a loan against your home
- Our initial consultation is free with no obligation. If you proceed with an equity release plan, our advice fee, usually 1.99% of the amount released (£1,499 minimum), is payable only on completion
- See how much you could release
- It’s easy to see how much you could release from your home. Just use our free calculator.